OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
GUESS DIY TEE DESIGN CONTEST ("Contest")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. Void outside the United States and where prohibited by law.
Residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia ("USA") who are 18 years of age or older and reside in and are located in the USA at the time of entering the contest are eligible to enter.
Employees of GUESS?, Inc. ("Sponsor" or "GUESS"), any of its parent, subsidiary or affiliate companies, its vendors, suppliers, service providers, advertising and public relations agencies, persons participating in any way in the design or administration of the Contest, (collectively, the "Contest Parties") and individuals living in the same households as each of those persons, are not eligible to enter the Contest.
The Entry Period begins at 12:00 am Eastern Standard Time on February 15, 2013 and ends at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time on March 15, 2013. The selection of the winning design will occur on or around March 20, 2013.
How to Enter
(1) Documenting the steps you use, create an original design for a men's or women's GUESS tee shirt that you think best reflects your creativity and commercial appeal to GUESS' customers. Visit the GUESS #GETGRAPHIC Pinterest® board for an example.
(2) Pin your design on your Pinterest® board and tag it with #GETGRAPHIC (your "DIY Board"). If you do not have a Pinterest® account, you may create one for free at www.pinterest.com.
(3) Follow GUESS on Pinterest® and complete the DIY Contest entry form located on GUESS' #GETGRAPHIC Pinterest® board. Be sure to include a link to your DIY Board.
By submitting your entry form, you are agreeing to these Official Rules and Regulations and the Entrant's Agreements set forth below.
Each tee design entry (the "Submission") must comply with all of the following requirements.
Submissions that include any of the following will not be eligible for or considered for selection as a Winning Entry:
By entering the Contest and in consideration of the possibility of having a Submission considered for selection as a Winning Entry, the Entrant hereby:
1) Warrants that (a) the Submission is the Entrant's original creation and has not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (b) the Submission does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws or regulations; (c) the Submission has not been entered, and will not in the future be entered in any other contest other than a contest of the Sponsor's; (d) the Submission has not been published, sold, assigned, transferred or publicly distributed or displayed previously, and will not be published, licensed, sold, assigned, transferred, publicly distributed or displayed in any medium in the future; (e) the Entrant is the sole owner of the Submission, and has not granted and will not grant any permissions, license or rights in or to the Submission to any other party;
2) Irrevocably assigns, transfers and conveys to Sponsor, all right, title and ownership of the Submission, including all copyright, trademark, design rights, moral rights and other intellectual property rights in and to the Submission, and irrevocably grants to Sponsor its assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, modify, alter, add to, adapt, create derivative works, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse, the Submission in any media throughout the world, for any purpose, without limitation or further compensation to the Entrant;
3) Agrees that Sponsor and its representatives may use the Entrant's name, city and state of residence, age, and likeness in connection with its operation and administration of the Contest and for trade, advertising and promotional purposes related thereto;
4) Forever waives any rights of privacy or publicity, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may limit Sponsor's use of the Entrant's Submission or exercise of the rights granted to Sponsor by the Entrant, or require the Entrant's permission for Sponsor to use the Submission or exercise the rights granted to Sponsor for any purpose, and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor or the other Contest Parties and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, officers, directors, and employees (collectively the "Releasees") that arises in any way from the Entrant's participation in this Contest or Sponsor's use of the Entrant's Submission;
5) Agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor each of the other Releasees harmless from any and all claims by any third party against any of the Releasees (and related damages, expenses, costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, liabilities, verdicts, judgments and settlements) arising out of the Entrant's Submission, or the Entrant's participation in this Contest, including but not limited to claims of infringement or violation of trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, or rights of privacy;
6) Releases Sponsor and other Releasees from, and irrevocably waives, any and all claims that any merchandise, commercial, advertising, presentation, web content or any other material subsequently made, produced, presented, distributed and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes or violates the Entrant's rights in any work or material contained in any Submission;
7) Agrees that these Official Rules (and all Sponsor's interpretations of them) are final and binding and agrees that Sponsor has the absolute discretion to decide all matters related to this Contest, including matters related to the eligibility of Entrants and Submissions, the selection of potential prizewinners, and the determination of if, when and how to use the winning Submission on a Sponsor product;
8) Agrees that Sponsor shall have absolute discretion to determine whether and how it shall use any Submission, including whether and how to commercially market merchandise incorporating all or selected elements of any Submission; and
9) Agrees that if her/his Submission, is selected as a Prizewinner and as a condition to the award of the prize, Entrant:
Website Postings Of Submissions
Without limiting the ways in which Sponsor may use Entrant's Submission, Sponsor may post some or all Submissions on its website and on other websites, including social networking or social utility websites, with or without the names of the Entrants, for viewing, judging and/or comment by the public.
On or about March 20, 2013 a panel of three (3) judges from the GUESS Design Team will select from all eligible Submissions two (2) Winning Submissions (one (1) for use on a women's shirt and one (1) for use on a men's shirt) and two (2) runner-up designs, based on creativity and commercial appeal to GUESS customers.
GRAND PRIZE: The two (2) Winning Submission designs will be reproduced on limited edition GUESS tees to be sold exclusively on the GUESS website ("Grand Prize"). Sponsor reserves the right to make changes to any design, including but not limited to changes to the color, size and/or ratio of any design elements for production purposes.
SECOND PLACE PRIZES: Two (2) runner-up Submissions will each receive a $250 GUESS shopping card ("Second Place Prize"). Shopping cards are subject to all restrictions printed on the back of the card.
GUESS will notify the Winning Entrant via e-mail on or around March 22, 2013. Within 5 days of notification of selection as a potential prize winner, the Winning Entrants must execute and deliver the required Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights as a condition to receipt of a prize.
All decisions of the judges and of Sponsor are final and binding. The failure of a Winning Entrant to execute and deliver the required Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate Winning Entrant. No substitution of prizes by Winning Entrant will be permitted. Each Winning Entrant is solely responsible for all taxes on the prize received, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the prize as required by law.
Use Of Entrant's Personal Information
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, change the dates of, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Sponsor website or (b) violating the Official Rules. Sponsor shall not be responsible for failure to fulfill the Grand Prize in the event of force majeure, production or raw material limitations or any other reasons beyond its control, and in such an event, Sponsor may issue, at its sole discretion, a replacement prize. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of California. Any claims by an Entrant relating in any manner to this Contest must be asserted in the federal or state courts located in Los Angeles, California within one year of the end of the Contest Period.
Limitations of Liability and Release
The Sponsor and Contest Parties will have no liability or responsibility resulting from
Winners' List Request For the names of the prizewinner(s), e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2013.
Sponsor: Sole Sponsor of this Contest is GUESS?, Inc. 1444 South Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021. Contest is not affiliated or endorsed by Pinterest®, which is a registered trademark of its respective owner.